Something went wrong inside python code: The window has been marked as needing another Display Window pass, but has already had more Display Window passes than there are views in the window

Second this, just came across the exact same problem today, G3 version 3.2 (3179) on MacOs Ventura with further error notifications like the image below:

One of the plugins you have installed is causing issues. It’s difficult to tell which plugin just from the screenshot. Could you go to the Script menu → Open Scripts Folder, go into the Plugins folder and post a list of the installed plugins here (or a screenshot showing the contents of the Plugins folder)?

Hi @FlorianPircher , this is my current plugins setup. Is the problem somehow unrelated to this one? :

A lot of candidates. Is the error message shown when you do a specific thing? Like, click a specific button, or make a selection, or something that could help us narrow down which plugin is causing this. Or is the error message shown even if you just launch Glyphs or when opening a Glyphs file?

for me, the problem only happens when I need to copy shapes from another files

Difficult to say with absolute certainty, but the error message you posted originates from Python, which Glyphs does not use for any of it’s features, so it’s likely that a plugin or a script cause the issue. And with a script, you would only get the message directly after running a script, so if that is not the case, it’s likely a plugin.

Can you send me both files (the one you are coping from and the one you are pasting into) and tell me which shape you copy-pasted so that I can try to reproduce the issue myself? You can send me the files confidentially as a private message here on this forum or to support.

This is most likely caused by the “Sync metrics key” plugin. I’ll try to have a look at the code to see if I can fix this.

1 Like

I had the same problem. Removing “Sync metrics key” seems to have fixed it.

I updated the plugin. So it should not crash any more. But it is still messing with the undo.