This is so strange. My font has been working so well for ages. I keep updating it as needs expand, exporting new versions of it. But suddenly, I now cannot, it keeps giving this error:
Something went wrong with the Remove Overlap filter in glyph: three
The strange thing is:
- I made no change at all to glyph three. And it’s been fine in the hundreds of previous exports.
- I do not think there is any overlap in that glyph
- I tried unclicking ‘export’ on that glyph to troubleshoot - no change!
- I tried deleting the body of the glyph and re-drawing a simple shape - no change.
- I tried updating the app, from version 1352 to 1361 - no change
- I’m on a Mac but made no updates to my Mac.
- I tried selecting all glyphs (over 700 of them) and correcting all path directions and tidying paths - no change.
What I had done was make some new glyphs before this happened, which is why I was trying to export a new version. However, although glyph ‘three’ is involved with some liga glyphs, it is not involved with any of the new glyphs. Can this error message occur falsely, when the problem is actually something completely different? How am I meant to find what the problem is?