Speed Punk / Glyphs crashed

Hi! I would be really grateful for helping me in solving problem with Speed Punk Plugin.

After instaling Speed Punk plugin and restarting Glyphs, it just crashes all the time.
I have read all of your previous recommendations, but it doesn’t work.
Just after I go to “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugin” and delete the plugin Glyphs start work again.
My Glyphs is updated to Version 2.6.6 (1352) and I work on macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Thanks in advanced for all the recommendation :slight_smile:

Did you install the modules via Glyphs > Preferences > Addons > Modules > Install Modules?

It doesn’t need vanilla.

Do it crash Glyphs? Can you send a bunch of crash reports (you should get the Crash reporter Prompt after you restart the app without plugins)?

Can you try the latest cutting edge version?

Thank you for your response!

I’ve installed modules, but nothing changes.
So when I restart Glyphs it just freezes and doesn’t work for so long, that’s why I should restart it with force shutdown.
I already installed the latest version which I checked in Glyphs > Check for Updates…
Is this any other way to install latest version?

Many thanks for hepl!

You need to activate “Show Cutting edge versions” in Preferences > Update.

It works perfectly!
Many thank for the help!

1 Like

The issue is still up in my Mac Air M1

What specifically?
You have tried without plugins?
Can you remove them all and re-install them (to be sure to get the latest version)?

What exactly does it ask to re-install? Can you show a screenshot of the dialog?

Try these steps:

• In Window > Plugin Manager > Modules, install all four modules.
  • In Window > Plugin Manager > Plugins, remove and reinstall SpeedPunk.
  • In Glyphs > Preferences > Addons, make sure a Python version marked with “Glyphs” is chosen.
  • Quit and restart the app, perhaps restart the Mac.

Speed Punk has been unusable for me as well, not sure what’s happening. Possibly something with DrawBot and another plugin?

Have you done the above steps?

I use Python scripts that make use of libraries external to Glyphs, so I typically don’t use the Glyphs version of Python

I will give a try nonetheless and report back. Using Speed Punk is more common for me than the scripts that rely on external deps

Just following up - I get crashes with Speed Punk using the Glyphs built-in Python, too

I wonder if the problem is related to DrawBot or maybe multiple plugins trying to access it at once?

I think I will switch to using Super Tool, cant remember if the visualizations are roughly the same

Would you be able to trigger a few crashes, send me a crash report (with ‘speedpunk‘ in the notes field) and write a small note here (I need to search by time I the crash reporter tool).

Sure, I just sent three all with speedpunk in the description

Can you check that you have the latest version of the Speed Punk plugin? Best remove and re-install it from the plugin manager.