Speed, speed, speed (5k display)

MacBookPro 2,6 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB Memory with two Apple Cinema Displays connected (23-inch 1920x1200 and 20-inch 1680x1050)

So currently I’m thinking moving to FL6(7) for vector polishing, as there tension visualisation is working well and fast on screens.

SpeedPunk is written in Python, so it’s relatively slow. You can try SuperTool, which is written in (Objective)C, and much faster. It is a tool though and not merely a visualizer.

I just had a look at Speedpunk. I could make the histogram ten times faster and the scaling speed three times faster.

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t feel speed difference between SpeedPunk and SuperTool, but I like SpeedPunk more, because there I can balance curvature moving nodes holding the Alt-key. Maybe Yanone can improve the code too!

Note that palettes can never be inactive even if the user feels that they are not using them (even if collapsed).

1 Like

I stopped using speedpunk, because of the issues that are described in this thread, and it made a significant difference. However, Glyphs still lacks in performance when hooked up to an external 5K display. It makes me wonder how and if Glyphs takers advantage of the GPU? And if so would my workflow benefit from an eGPU?

1 Like

Just as a heads up, FL5 runs fine on Mojave too, so no need to resort to VM until Catalina.

1 Like