I have some problems in Glyphs 2 Version 2.6.5 (1342) with the plugins stem thickness and also red arrows. I reinstalled the plugins completely. But it still doesn’t work. Just from one day to another the they doesn’t work anymore.
I tried to read in other topics about it, but I didn’t came to a solution for my problem.
Hope someone can help me
In Version 2.6.7 (1354) they both work perfectly. Maybe update?
I tried to install the update, and the dialogue vanished at 20.something MB … and than GlyphsApp quite itself.
Internet issue; I would keep trying.
Just download the app from the website.
I did. I am now on version 2.6.6 (1352) He tells me, that’s the latest I got. But still the same problem.
What version of macOS do you have?
I have 11.1 (20C69) Big Sur
Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB
That is the graphics card, not the CPU. Can you take a screenshot of: apple menu (top left screen corner) > About this Mac.
- You installed the modules in preferences?
- Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the plugins in plug-in manager?
- Do you have any system maintenance apps or antivirus apps or system cleaners? Uninstall them please.
Can you remove all other plugins?
- I removed an anti-malware-app and an app cleaner.
- I uninstalled all plugins.
- I reinstalled the problem children stem-tickness and the red-arrow … and it WORKS!
- and than I reinstalled the reporter-toggler and it still works
…so maybe it was the malware and the app cleaner.
So THANKS a lot for your help guys!
In love with Glyphs … again
No, we recently needed to update all plugins. there was a general issue that leads to a crash. But the tricky part is that the plugin that apparently causes the crash can be fine and one that you never used actually caused the crash. It might be possible that reinstalling all plugins, will fix the problem. but is just as well may happen again. In that case, it would be good to know what plugins you installed last that we can check if it needs an update.
Ah okay, good to know.
Actually I just use that three plugins:
- Red-Arrow (Jens Kutilek 2016)
- Stemhi-Thickness (Rafał Buchner)
- Reporter-Toggler (Mark Frömberg)
Those three should be good.