Straighten handles

I’m having similar problems with Cursify. I have to go through every root glyph and keep an eye out for misaligned handles. It would be great if at least Glyphs highlighted broken green curve points somehow.

This is a shortcoming of the algorithm. I’ll see if I find time to improve that.

Any updates on this? Cursify is almost unusable for me, as it produces horrible distortions.

Sorry, I missed the question back then.

There is also an issue with (newer versions of) Quark XPress. If you want to stay compatible with XPress, you will need to round o the grid.

My quick test gives fine results in v848. Can you send me problematic sample glyphs in a DM?

When I tried to create a test case for you, cursify worked as expected. When I looked into differences in the glyphs files, I saw it was the grid subdivision settings that were causing the problem. Sorry for the bother, and thanks for the help :smile: !

Replying to myself. I take it back. changing the grid division makes no difference. Sending you files via DM

@Kemie - it is linked with the stems. Do you have yours?

The is a flaw in the cursify algorithm. I’ll have a look to fix this.

RMX Harmonizer has a dekink handles option that will fix kinked handles like this. That said, if you’re using a batch filter to slant shapes, you should be inspecting and adjusting all the curves afterward anyway.