Strange warning

Hello House, Please I got a strange notification when I press cmd+E, this warning comes up. i have check the names they are correct, please can someone help me out?
Thanks.

Are you sure you checked all glyph names?

@GeorgSeifert, Yes i did, Only that this Glyph file is Add List filter letters, not the main Default Glyph letters.

Can you send me the file?

@GeorgSeifert thanks very much, please how can i send the File Private to you?

Send it by email to support at this domain. Or a Dropbox link as direct message in the forum.

Thanks for the file. You do have glyphs with a name from the error message:

Those are not valid.

I added a test to the “Add Glyph Dialog” to prevent this.

Thanks Very much Georg. for notifying the name erros, Please what should i do, to delete those Glyphs letters or will you send me back the correct file and the name to change. cause i checked other people font the glyph letters are written like the way in my file.

Please @Georg does mean that Glyph App do not support this Glyph letters"ellipsis
bar
brokenbar
literSign
dagger
daggerdbl
numero
notequal
greater
less
greaterequal
lessequal
plusminus
asciitilde
house
note-musical
notedbl-musical"?
Thanks for helping me.

It does support all those glyphs. When adding them, use the names you posted above or add spaces between the chars if you type them directly.

Once more thanks man. i gave space as i type each letter but still it could not be Exported. also i selected those glyph letters and put “red sign of no export” of those glyph and still is not working. please can you check from your file if is the same problem or is from my computer? thanks for your understanding…

By ‘spaces between the chars’, Georg meant in the Glyph > Add Glyphs dialog:

Then Glyphs will automatically rename them to ‘nice glyph names’:

And of course, glyphs with illegal names need to be deleted. Please read this tutorial:

@GeorgSeifert and @mekkablue thanks very much it worked as you instructed. am glad for the your efforts in helping us, Thanks men.

1 Like