Suggestions: New Feature/Class > Focus on editable feature name

When I create a new feature or class, the first thing I want to do is name it.

Assuming that’s a fairly common first action, it would be helpful that once the feature/class is created, the highlight and cursor would focus on giving it a name (like when I create a new anchor for instance).

It would also be handy to be able to tab from a feature’s name to the feature edit pane. Currently the tab order is selected > edit > notes > stuck .

And while I’m at it, how about: http://cl.ly/image/3t2d2F0L0W2s

+1

+1

You can already do that. The tab order is: Name > Refresh button > Generate Automatically button, and then, if automatic generation is OFF, it will go into the Edit field, if it is ON, you can tab on into the Notes. If you type a tab in the Edit or Notes field, of course, you type a tab, since it is a text field.

If you want to tab out of a text field, then hold down the Ctrl key in addition to pressing Tab or Shift-Tab.

EDIT: You can change the behavior via System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Full Keyboard Access. I recommend the setting ‘All controls’.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I can’t tab to the refresh button or Generate Automatically checkbox in any instance.

Can you take me through your steps?

In the process of experimenting I have noticed more weirdness, will report.