Sync kerning between lowercase and uppercase (Glyphs Mini 2)

Hello, I hope you’re all having a good week. I’m designing an all-caps font in Glyphs Mini 2 (version 2.0.2) and I’m having a hard time syncing kerning between lowercase and uppercase. Here’s what I’ve done so far:

• I first designed the entire lowercase set and manually set the kerning. I have 145 pairs.
  • Next, I selected all lowercase letters, went to Glyph > Duplicate, then renamed that new set to be the uppercase version.
  • Unfortunately, this did not carry over the kerning from the lowercase to uppercase.

Ideally, I want all variations of lowercase and uppercase to use the same kerning. For example: vv vV Vv VV should all have the same kerning.

I read a few other threads in the forums and, to be honest, they all sounded way more complicated than I had hoped this would be. As of 2018, is there not an easy way to copy-paste kerning between letters in Glyphs Mini 2?

Thank you for your time!

There is a better way to do this. Do not keep two sets of glyphs around. Please read the tutorial about all-caps fonts:
https://glyphsapp.com/tutorials/creating-an-all-caps-font-in-glyphs-mini

1 Like

Thank you so much! This is much easier and saved me a bunch of time. I sincerely appreciate the help. Take care!

1 Like