TTFStems/TTFZones

Hello,
In the TTFStems and TTFZones parameters, you can click on the deltas for each entry:

Are these for setting how delta hints are treated?

Where can I define PPEM jumps for stems?

They are for rounding up and rounding down. If, at a certain PPM, a stem appears to be too thin or thick, or a zone too low or high, then you would use the arrow buttons.

You can’t directly define the jumps. Check the output and then add or remove a pixel if needed.

Rainer, Georg,

thanks for the explanation. I have two questions:

1. Is there a waterfall tool in Glyphs I haven’t seen that is useful for checking hints, ideally with several instances visible at the same time? Right now I am limited to exporting and checking in Windows.
  2. For each master, you can define TTFZones, and for each zone you can bump up or down the zone at a given pixel size. If I have a Light and Bold master, each with an ‘lcHeight’ TTFZone specified, and want to bring the lcHeight down at 16px for the Regular, will I need to specify the bump-up or -down buttons for both masters, or only one of them?

The only thing you can check seriously is the distorted (red) outline. The actual screen rendering may still vary. For myself, I wrote a macro that creates a waterfall in Word.

Ah, that’s too bad. The ‘Show Preview Address’ is a good start, except that the local address doesn’t work between mac/windows partitions.

It does if you run Windows in a virtualisation environment.

I’m running Windows in Parallels with a shared network source, but it’s saying ‘the page doesn’t exist’; I’ll try another configuration.

I could only help you with Fusion. It works for me there.

Thanks. I’ll see what I can do with Parallels.