U+06a4

Hello: This typeface does not belong to the basic Arabic characters, but the typeface for the Urdu language and identifying Iraqi Kurdistan and is also used in ancient Persian, Urdu language shared with Persian characters while partnering with Persian Arabic typefaces

For example: “Arabic Unicode” contains a set of interpolated “heh” The question is: Are all of these typefaces Arab? No … It is a belong to a group of languages

This is a “Arabic heh”

U+0647
U+0629

This “Urdu heh” her name in Unicode is"goal"

U+06C1
U+06C2
U+06C3

and This is a “Persian heh”

U+06D5
U+06C0

They are similar to Arabic in shape but are similar to the method in Urdu

Let’s turn to another group like “yeh”

This is a “Arabic yeh”

U+0649
U+064A
U+0626

This “Urdu yeh” her name in Unicode is"barree"

U+06D2
U+06D3

and This is a “Persian yeh”

U+06CC

What do you see in the examples

First: “Persian” using the same typeface, “the Arab core,” but in a different way, for this we derive all the “Persian character” of the “Arab character” in “Panel Character” by components

Second, the different “characters Urdu” for “basic Arabic typefaces” That will not be there any derivation, but "the whole design"for it

I said in an earlier article: must be considered “Naming Typefaces” for many reasons … For example there is the “Unicode” a set of typefaces do not carry the names, but a description of the shape, why?!

The reason: there is a “basic Arabic typeface” of the same name! What is the solution here?!

Two methods have been used in “Unicode” To resolve this issue, both error

The first method: Double “Character Name” from “Character Arab core” as in this example

Another method: Description of this typeface by shape instead of his name!!

Typefaces that described “as Shape” instead of the name in the “Unicode” and that do not belong “to the extension of the Arab” is “charset Sindhi” and the little ones for “Uthmani” The “Arab Supplement” are “African characters” are no longer used at the present time. But some adds for scientific and commercial reasons

What is the point of this conversation?!

If you draw “typefaces Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Pashto, Sindhi” will be painted all “Arab character” and “character related to the Arab” was not left only Arab Annex

So “should” put this category in the sidebar to GlyphsApp

As I understand it, all this languages use the arabic script. The category in the sidebar is called “Languanges” and this is confusing, I know. But call is Script and it could be confused with Python-Scripts.

And we already have some subgroups that group the different languages.

The distribution of the keyboard does not help to know the origin of “the Arab character” historical matter here … See this example: This is the “Sindhi character” and this is the correct names have

The second observation: you’ll find that “heh” Sindhi used in another language which is Urdu. But originally is “Sendih” … not the “Urdu” This is a normal thing in “Arabic Fonts”

Persians, for example, prefer to write “Urdu yeh and heh” instead of “Persian yeh and heh”
As well as the Arabs prefer to write “the kaf Sindhi” instead of “the Arab kaf” … To this they add, “the kaf Sindhi” for characters “within the property"swash”

See this PDF

Sindhi still uses the Arabic script, so the script tag at the end must stay “-ar”. The “-ar” does not indicate the language, but the script system.

Still, it appears to me that the implementation for this is already there:

1. Are you suggesting a swsh OT feature hack? You can already do this by re-using the glyph name with a .swsh suffix. Glyphs will even build the feature automatically then.

2. Or are you suggesting the different shapes should be typeable? Apparently, all the letters already have a Unicode representation, some of them in the Arabic Presentation Forms A (starting at FB50), e.g. what you call teheh-sindhi in your sample already has an implementation as tteheh-ar (uniFB5E). So they can be typed already.

Sir mekkablue
The thing that I know is that it should be a separation between the Arab character and the other characters

I use this technique during the design in the “panel typefaces” … but I restricted file: xml that controls everything: the arrangement and classification … … and this is not good.

Because “the file xml” is incomplete and does not contain the rest of the characters are not in the “unicode” So these characters become in the end plate typefaces

The other reason is when I create a dot-less non-existent in xml become in the list of “other” … so it will not work with the option of automatic alignment as is the case with dotlesskaf-ar

This is what list filters are for, not the XML.

I have used the property “glyphOrder” to arrange the characters, but this style is very boring … What do you mean by “a list of filters,” Is there more to clarify?

Not a “list of filters”, but a “list filter”. See handbook, chapter 5.5.5 (page 49).

where is the handbook ?

http://www.glyphsapp.com/getting-started/

Georg Seifert
Is it possible to develop this filter and make the classification of typefaces by full name instead of the first letter?

Sir George
I have given you a lot of help and assistance in order to complete the work outstanding and I’ve explained to you a lot of things are what made me?!
I no longer want to be anything but a solution to the problem of the order of characters in a distorted manner panel alphabet only
Is this hard for you?

Your help us very much appreciated. I have a lot others things to do so I can’t respond faster.

The section in the handbook describes how you can make your own list filters. I understand you want to create lists of glyphs for various languages. If you make this list filters and put those lists, e.g., on github, then we can integrate them as default subcategory in a future version of the app.

The important thing here is that you do not have to wait for us. You can make any list filter you like, already now.

Georg Seifert
I do not want to be a bad person, but every time I ask you a request, you are put on a waiting list, but came to support came less! All I ask is what is Arabic Fonts needed here, is not what I need, some believed that I ask for personal services!

mekkablue
I am using the filter and I know a long time ago

The problem is not here … “The problem is in the order of typefaces” ::: in English typefaces start from A and ending with Z and this is the case in German, French and other languages associated with the Latin alphabet

But imagine that you tamper with this arrangement how things will be? This is what I suffer from it

can not create groups because: scattering “similar typefaces - Arabic typefaces” in the panel typefaces

And Sort by Name in the filter. Dedicated to Latin characters - only - as an example: the letter B is a B in English / But the letter B in the Arabic language is beh: So "alphabetical order must be comprehensive - the full name - not the first letter of the name.

@iSkyFalConS

Very helpful your explanation. I understood how similar is the isolate form of “heh” in Arabic, Urdu and Farsi. I wonder why some (less than a handful) of arabic fonts have a completely different draw for U+06C1, U+06C2, and U+06C3.

Thanks for share your knowledge.

you welcome.

F with 3 dots reads p in Jawi across south East Asia http://www.jawipatani.com/

1. Dropping dots, Arabic has no more than 19 unique and dynamic glyphs that go on changing ends (tails not heads) to join the glyphs coming after them appropriately as elaborated in QB-English.pdf (189.6 KB) and
    QB-Arabic.pdf (282.6 KB)