Unusual crash in Version 2.4.4 (1075)

Hi guys,

in 2.4.4 (1075) when I select all in the preview tab Glyphs crashes. I think it has something to do with a return included in the selection.

K.

can you reproduce this in the latest cutting edge version?

Partly. I opened the same font file in Version 2.5b (1119) and when I selected all, I got this message but the application did not crash:

Also, I find it annoying that it is opening my Mac Mail to send the crash report. Is that a new thing? I am not using it and I do prefer the old crash report sender.

K.

@GeorgSeifert: This issue may have to do with the differences between GSLayer and GSControlLayer (and the wrapper for them).

The newline in a Text view is represented as a GSControlLayer. The parent of GSControlLayer doesn’t have all the same objects (and properties) as GSLayer. So, code assuming that layer.parent.note exists will fail.

I was starting to write up an issue about it the other day, but got distracted with some things. Originally, the property for parent in GSControlLayer was missing, but I think that part—layer.parent versus layer.parent()—may have been fixed in a recent release.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin and I get no crash in 1057 and no report in 1119.

1 Like