Updating Vanilla every day

Every morning Glyphs asks me to update the Vanilla library although I did so the day before.
I am beginning to suspect that this is not normal …
Thoughts?

You might have installed several vanillas and your/Glyphs is updating the wrong one? Can you run this in the macro panel:

import vanilla
print vanilla

it should print a path to the currently used vanilla ('/Users/georg/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Scripts/vanilla/__init__.pyc in my case). Delete that vanilla folder and restart Glyphs. Do that until it doesn’t complain any more. If then the plugins do not work (because you don’t have vanilla any more), install it again from the preferences.

I have followed these instructions and the reminder dialog persists.

What Mac do you have? And have you tried Glyphs 2.6? I increased the timeout a bit.

2016 Macbook Pro. Yes, this is with 2.6.

Last year there was a time the Vanilla library got updated almost every time the app started. It went away when I switched from the stable to a cutting edge release…
With this weeks update it is back! Updating Vanilla, Quit, Start, Updating Vanilla.
It appears that Vanilla is stored in /Users/jelle/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Scripts/vanilla. There are two copies of each module. One with extension .py from 28 December. And one with extension .pyc, that gets updated and updated. What is going on?

Thanks,
Jelle

In the Scripts folder, delete them all, including the other modules, fontTools, robofab and vanilla. Then reinstall with Glyphs > Preferences > Addons > Modules > Install Modules. Then restart.

I’ve done that and the problem persists.

Can you put this in the macro window and send a zip of the vanilla folder that the path is pointing to?
It should print something like this:
<module 'vanilla' from '/Users/georg/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Scripts/vanilla/__init__.pyc'>

vanilla folder zip sent to support

This is indeed the correct version. I reimplemented the check for the old version and hopefully that will fix the issue.