Variable corner components interpolation skipping instances / interpolation doesn't work as intended

Just for the record, I exported from 3209, same issue.

There was a problem in the cutting edge versions from the last two weeks.

1 Like

FIXED! Enormous thanks Georg. I just tried exporting with only the elemental axis and the instances are not skipped in 3212 when tested on the Gauntlet. Perfect! Lots of thanks to everyone!

I think this depends on how you want a user to most easily access your design, and for what. If the main intent of the variations is animation, then discrete axes will give users freedom, along with the ability to key frame though the designspace as if it was all one axis, but if building it as one axis, they are more compelled to use it as you have built it.

If all is on one axis, you don’t need to deal and the user never sees the corners of the space.

Thank you for both your inputs. I’m still working on the concept. Now that thanks to Georg we know that the one axis is working by itself, I’m considering the possibility of having axises mixing up, like you suggested Dberlow, but I would like to limit the possibilities for users, for example, mixing water and fire but not all four elements together, cause it just does not look nice. Which I suppose is not a possible thing to limit - it’s either everything or nothing. But I’m glad this issue was resolved!

You are correct, if there are no corners then they can’t be seen. If there are corners, they can easily be made to switch from element to element without interpolation between them. And if two elements are opposed on each of two axis, like Fire and Water in one and earth and wind on the other, corner canceling can be even easier. I.e. DaytonMess, it’s not all or nothing unless you wish it. You have control, and all the sources you need you have to do it.