I’m making my first variable font and i’m having some problems:
- Variable Font without instances:
- In Illustrator, for some reason, when I play with the Axis it assumes instances that i don’t have in the font. And because of that Illustrator says i don’t have the font installed…
- In Indesign, this does not happen…but it don’t recognise my custom Axis…only works width and weight.
- Variable font with instances:
- If i export the font with instances set, Illustrator and Indesign always crashes when i’m using the Axis…
All this behaviours started to happen when i update the Glyphs App. The font was developed in version 3.6.3 and some early exported fonts never had issues. I updated to version 3.6.4 and since then all this behaviours started to happen.
What am i doing wrong?