Vertical metrics issue

Hey,

when exporting OTFs or TTFs, it came to my attention that both the thinnest and the heaviest fonts’ vertical adjustments are messed up.

Here is how the heaviest font look like in an Apple preview window (very tight vertical spacing and shifted M):

And this is how it should look like:

I’m not completely sure about it, but I think this error occours since the latest update has been installed automatically.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this? Have I made a mistake?

Thanks in advance :blush:

Can you send me the .glyphs file please to support (at) (this website without www). I will have a look.

Message sent. Thank you so much!

Hello Rainer, I have a custom parameter in all of my instances: scale to upm - 2000. I have figured out that this value doubles the size of the thinnest and the heaviest instance. This is how the black font looks like after export (way too large):

And here is the bold font (just right):

I’m pretty sure that Glyphs had a different behaviour before one of the latest updates. I use version 2.5.1 (1140). Is there a way to download an obsolete version in order to export the files properly?

That is fixed in version 1141 from yesterday.

Thank you, Georg! I’m unable to download 1141, though. Do you have an idea when it will be available via update or the website?

You should get the update the same way as you got 1140.