VerticalSkew does not work

Hi,

VerticalSkew does not work neither download by Plugin Manager nor download from Github.
I have Version 2.6 (1192) on Mojave 10.14.

Appreciate for any help,
O

Works as expected in 1218. Try the latest beta please. Go to Glyphs > Preferences > Updates, activate both checkboxes and press the Update button.

Thank you for the quick answer.
Now I have Version 2.6.1 (1218) but the problem is persist. I got the error message. (after restarted, removed, installed two ways, restarted)
Also I have problem with Python modules: I get Install recommendations, installed then it is missing every time, and the same in the Macro window. I have try : import vanilla with print vanilla but Macro window shows up every time.

The error message of VerticalSkew:

A plugin caused a crash

The Plugin VerticalSkew.glyphsPalette has caused a crash. Please update it by opening the Plugin Manager or re-downloading it from the original source.

Details:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Vertical Skew/VerticalSkew.glyphsPalette/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 63, in upScale_
self.verticalSkew( Glyphs.font, skewAngle )

File “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Vertical Skew/VerticalSkew.glyphsPalette/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 108, in verticalSkew
transformOrigin = self.transformOrigin(thisLayer.selectionBounds)

File “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Vertical Skew/VerticalSkew.glyphsPalette/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 73, in transformOrigin
originType = int(Glyphs.defaults[“GSTransformationsMetricsOriginType”])

TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not ‘NoneType’

App:2.6.1-1218 Plugin:1.1-

You have nothing entered in the number field, right?

If you meant about number field in VerticalSkew that is shows up with 5 degree in the field when Glyphs open.

Unfortunately does not matter what different number I have try there.

Can you paste and run this in the Macro Window:

Glyphs.defaults['com.mekkablue.VerticalSkew.angle']="5"

Then close and reopen the .glyphs document.

Also:

• check if you have two Vertical Skew plug-ins installed (used to happen that the new installation did not replace the old)
  • watch the Macro Window when you click the palette buttons, and paste any error messages you see there
  • for the modules installation, go into your Scripts folder (Scripts > Open Scripts Folder) and remove the folders fontTools, robofab, vanilla if you see them, then try again with the installation button in Preferences.

Hi,

My problem with the module seems ok now, thank you.

I have one VerticalSkew.glyphsPalette in the Plugins folder.
After I paste and run the that line in the Macro Window, VerticalSkew still dead.

error message is:

The Plugin VerticalSkew.glyphsPalette has caused a crash. Please update it by opening the Plugin Manager or re-downloading it from the original source.

Details:

File “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Vertical Skew/VerticalSkew.glyphsPalette/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 70, in downScale_
self.verticalSkew( Glyphs.font, -skewAngle )

TypeError: bad operand type for unary -: ‘objc.pyobjc_unicode’

App:2.6.1-1218 Plugin:1.1-3

Then I removed it from plugins and Repositories folders and installed again trough Plugim Manager. Still does not work

error message is:

TThe Plugin VerticalSkew.glyphsPalette has caused a crash. Please update it by opening the Plugin Manager or re-downloading it from the original source.

Details:

File “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Vertical Skew/VerticalSkew.glyphsPalette/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 63, in upScale_

File “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Vertical Skew/VerticalSkew.glyphsPalette/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 100, in verticalSkew
transformOrigin = self.transformOrigin(thisLayer.bounds)

File “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Vertical Skew/VerticalSkew.glyphsPalette/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 73, in transformOrigin

App:2.6.1-1218 Plugin:1.1-3

it might be better like this: Glyphs.defaults['com.mekkablue.VerticalSkew.angle'] = 5

I just uploaded a new version of the plug-in. Please go into the Plugin Manager, uninstall, reinstall, and restart Glyphs.

Hi,

Problem still persists after remove and install VerticalSkew.

Seems send report button also has no function.

Error message:

Details:

File “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Vertical Skew/VerticalSkew.glyphsPalette/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 64, in upScale_

File “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Vertical Skew/VerticalSkew.glyphsPalette/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 109, in verticalSkew
transformOrigin = self.transformOrigin(thisLayer.selectionBounds)

File “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Vertical Skew/VerticalSkew.glyphsPalette/Contents/Resources/plugin.py”, line 74, in transformOrigin

App:2.6.1-1218 Plugin:1.11-4

I think I understood it now. Uninstall and reinstall again please.

You never clicked any of these buttons, right?

You solved my problem, now it works as excellently as before.

Thank You.

What caused the problem?

A setting that is triggered only once you press one of these buttons I screenshotted above.