Wacom Bug with activating a text field to type

Back to the text field boxes - I switched settings to Mouse mode but still have to press Return when a text field is selected to be able to change the values. Even with restarting Glyphs 3 and toggling between Mouse and Pen.

(but have discovered that Mouse mode is a much nicer setting to use the tablet in with more options, thanks)

I have found a problem and fixed it. It was showing off an on for me. I think using the mouse in the font info window once made it less likely to appear.

How do you move the edit view? With the scroll mode of the wacom? What key/button combination are you using?

And have you and plugins active?

I just tried it. For me it feels pretty similar in Glyphs 2 and 3. But it feels very laggy in Photoshop, too (try to do some hatching, it never reached the end of the area I way trying to fill). Somehow it seems to not sends enough events. Or just very gluey in general.

Yes, scroll mode by pressing the lower button and pulling the pen. It only transfers right-left and top-down movements but not diagonal or like in a circle. Using space from the keyboard instead the penā€™s button, it works all fine! So simply Iā€™ll get used to it :slight_smile:
Good hint as to Photoshop! Same actions perform maybe even worse, truly gluey!

Plugins I have a few installed, but for the test I removed all from the folder to be safe (since none of them are working at the moment, but this is another, much more urgent problem!)

Back to the text boxes in font info: It would be really helpful to be able to get into the boxes and not just selecting the box via the pen (maybe by double tipping?).

1 Like

Not sure if this was resolved here but I updated to the latest Glyphs 3 and I havenā€™t had an issue with the text fields and my wacom sinceā€¦ So if you;re having issues still and havenā€™t already, try updating to the latest update / cutting edge version