What unicode or names are this?

I have to add those glyphs to a font but I don´t know what they name or unicode values. Some seems common, others not so sure. They are for a south american dialect

OUnicodechecker can help you with that. You can search for ‘Latin letter tilde’ etc.

cool. looks like some of them are not in unicode yet? is that possible? I found one here: TITUS Is Testing Unicode Scriptmanagement LATIN SMALL LETTER E WITH TILDE AND ACUTE ABOVE and when added to Glyphs using the unicode, it appear in a Private Use area… what does it means?

33%20PM

Don’t us private use codes. In most cases you don’t need to add the glyph at all. Just make sure that you set all anchors in the base and make glyphs. Because the glyphs are not encoded, the users will have to type the base glyph and the combining mark(s).

Only if you need to change the default appearance of the glyph (to avoid colliding marks, or to adjust the spacing) you can build a precomposed glyph. Call the glyph e_tildecomb_acutecomb. And then you need to update the ccmp feature. You might need to add some extra code in ccmp to allow different input combinations.

Ok. 1. How do I know if I had set all anchors? 2. In case of e_tilde_acute… how do I do to add that diacritic? what is the keyboard to actually type that?

30%20PM

Thanks

If Cmd-U doesn’t add anything anymore; you can select all glyphs and press Cmd-U.

You need top and bottom anchors in the base letters, and _top and top (or _bottom and bottom) in the accents.

Better try e_tildecomb_acutecomb or etilde_acutecomb.

Adding the glyph with one of these names should put the right components in it right away. Or you can Glyph > Make Component Glyph (Cmd-Opt-Shift-C) to delete the contents and recompose the compound glyph anytime.

You need a keyboard that either has combining diacritics (e.g. US Extended), or one with precomposed multiple Unicodes on a keystroke, e.g., the ones for e+tildecomb+acutecomb. You can also make your own with SIL’s Ukelele app.

Great, it worked for this one:

Wow, this is all new to me. How it works using a US extended keyboard?

See your keyboard/input method settings in Keyboard Preferences.