“Window” menu can not be accessed in Font View

I can not access the “Window” menu when Glyphs 3 is in the font view:

Here is a movie where I demonstrate that the the “Window” menu is accessible from the edit view, but not from the font view:

I have no plugins installed.

The report from the first movie is reproduced here: https://xgc.io/b/glyphs/fail-access-window-menu/report.txt (the text is too long for the forum-software)

1 Like

Big Sur, I assume?

Yes, all versions in the report linked above: OS Version: macOS 11.0.1 (20B29).

Off topic, I know, and I’m sorry about that, but I can’t get the first welcome screen in your video on app launch (Catalina 10.15.7). That is, the screen that allows me to select whether I would like to have the welcome screen displayed. :slight_smile:

Glyphs 3 starts immediately here:

The first screen with the recent files only appears when you have been working on Glyphs files in the past. Have a look in the menu-bar: File > Open Recent

When I click on Clear Menu and restart Glyphs it also launches with the create-new-document view.

I fixed the dreadlock.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with Glyphs 3 freezing and crashing when trying to access the Window menu.

Big Sur (11.0.1) as well. Newly installed today, no add-ons (or font files for that matter :smile:).

Thank you, Florian. Unfortunately, the Recents … menu doesn’t get populated, whatever I do. I used to turn off Remember last x documents in the system preferences, but even when I enable this setting, Recents remains empty. That must be the cause of the issue. Now, after enabling recent documents, the first welcome screen quickly flashes, and I can see my recent documents for a millisecond, before the second welcome screen is overlaid.

Do you have a “Cancel” button in the lower right?

Can confirm the issue is resolved in 3.0.1. Thank you for the quick fix!

1 Like