“Window” menu can not be accessed in Font View

I can not access the “Window” menu when Glyphs 3 is in the font view:

Here is a movie where I demonstrate that the the “Window” menu is accessible from the edit view, but not from the font view:

I have no plugins installed.

The report from the first movie is reproduced here: https://xgc.io/b/glyphs/fail-access-window-menu/report.txt (the text is too long for the forum-software)

1 Like

Big Sur, I assume?

Yes, all versions in the report linked above: OS Version: macOS 11.0.1 (20B29).

Off topic, I know, and I’m sorry about that, but I can’t get the first welcome screen in your video on app launch (Catalina 10.15.7). That is, the screen that allows me to select whether I would like to have the welcome screen displayed. :slight_smile:

Glyphs 3 starts immediately here:

The first screen with the recent files only appears when you have been working on Glyphs files in the past. Have a look in the menu-bar: File > Open Recent

When I click on Clear Menu and restart Glyphs it also launches with the create-new-document view.

I fixed the dreadlock.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with Glyphs 3 freezing and crashing when trying to access the Window menu.

Big Sur (11.0.1) as well. Newly installed today, no add-ons (or font files for that matter :smile:).

Thank you, Florian. Unfortunately, the Recents … menu doesn’t get populated, whatever I do. I used to turn off Remember last x documents in the system preferences, but even when I enable this setting, Recents remains empty. That must be the cause of the issue. Now, after enabling recent documents, the first welcome screen quickly flashes, and I can see my recent documents for a millisecond, before the second welcome screen is overlaid.

Do you have a “Cancel” button in the lower right?

Can confirm the issue is resolved in 3.0.1. Thank you for the quick fix!

1 Like

I’m sorry, Georg, I missed your earlier question. Please have a look at the video attached. This is how the startup screen looks like in the latest cutting edge version. Of course, everything goes much faster than in the GIF. This is a mov-to-gif conversion artifact. :slight_smile:

Startup

How do you get to this. What version of MacOS and of Glyphs do you have?

Sorry for the delay, Georg. Have been too busy. This is Glyphs 3.0.2 (3044), macOS 10.15.7, Macbook Pro 16’’ (2019). I’m doing basically nothing but start up the app from the Applications folder. No big help I guess … :confused:

Same in Glyphs 3.0.2 (3047).

Do you have installed any plugins?
Can you try to start without them by holding down Option+Shift when you start the app?

Unfortunately, it doesn’t make any difference. This is mysterious. Could it be an interference with Glyphs 2 which I’m still using as my main editor among the two versions? I just noticed that Glyphs 3 would crash when I try to install the Python runtime. Could that be related? Hmm.

(I just sent the report through the in-app reporting system.)