Word-o-Mat Broken in 2.5

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "GlyphsApp/objectsGS.py", line 51, in CurrentFont
  File "GlyphsApp/objectsGS.py", line 234, in __init__
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/robofab/objects/objectsBase.py", line 642, in __init__
    RBaseObject.__init__(self)
TypeError: unbound method __init__() must be called with RBaseObject instance as first argument (got RFont instance instead)
  File "GlyphsApp/objectsGS.py", line 51, in CurrentFont
  File "GlyphsApp/objectsGS.py", line 234, in __init__
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/robofab/objects/objectsBase.py", line 642, in __init__
    RBaseObject.__init__(self)
TypeError: unbound method __init__() must be called with RBaseObject instance as first argument (got RFont instance instead)
word-o-mat: anthropometry chaw-bacon infantiles theatricalising translocate salvatgejar isocracy parlour vyjednĂĄvat man-minded cabrĂ­em sbagliare fotograferet pyjama barbaarse Thymelaeaceae umbrella duca gyrostabilization pacjentĂłw

06%20pm

I’m running into this, too. A fix would be good. I use this plugin a lot.

I was working on it. There is a strange problem with robofab. I’ll fix it ASAP.

3 Likes

I pushed an update. Is it working now?

You mean an update to the word-o-mat plugin, not Glyphs, right? I’m getting a “Plugin caused a crash” message after updating it. I sent the crash report.

Fixed that.

Same thing (same crash message).

Touché is also in the same boat.

The problem is, that robofab is causing some strange problems without any apparent change that could cause it. For Word-o-mat, I just use the native functionality now. I’ll have a look at TouchĂ©. But I fear that it will be more difficult.

If you fixed it, I can’t tell the difference. It still crashes. What native functionality do you mean? In your fix, or are you advising me to do that somehow?

I didn’t get you crash emails. Can you past the traceback into the forum?

Now it should work. Sorry that it took so long

2 Likes

Now it’s working, although it’s doing this weird thing where if I choose “User character in current font” I get the "no words found message (“sad trombones”). If I choose “Use only selected characters” (after selecting some characters either in the Font view or in a Edit view), it crashes with this report:

The Plugin word-o-mat.glyphsPlugin has caused a crash. Please update it by opening the Plugin Manager or re-downloading it from the original source.

Details:

File “/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/vanilla/vanillaBase.py”, line 196, in action_
self.callback(sender)

File “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Word-o-Mat/word-o-mat.glyphsPlugin/Contents/Resources/WordOMat.py”, line 584, in makeWords
if self.f[gname].unicode is not None:

TypeError: ‘NSKVONotifying_GSFont’ object has no attribute ‘getitem’

App:2.5-1131 Plugin:2.5.5-2.5.5

The only way it works if if I select “Use any characters”.

Note: I was using an older version of the plugin with 2.4 which didn’t have these options, so I don’t know if these errors and crashes are new to this version of the plugin. Maybe these options didn’t work before?

Also, the older version I was using had a field where you could put a list of characters to exclude. I used that feature a lot. Seems to be missing in this newer version, unfortunately. It also used to “float” above the Glyphs main window, in other words it stayed visible even if you clicked in the Glyphs window instead of going behind it.

(I know this was created by Nina Stössinger, so maybe this should be directed to her.)

I’m responsible for the not floating change but the missing field was removed by Nina.

I’d removed Word o Mat from my install, but after seeing this thread I thought I’d update Glyphs (now have Version 2.5 (1131)) and try to reinstall Word o Mat using the Plugin Manager. Plugin Manager now says it’s installed but I see no sign of it in the menus. (I did restart Glyphs.)

Did you restart Glyphs?

Yes, as I said restarted Glyphs and also now restarted computer, still no dice.

Can you check the macro window it you find any error message?

All sorts of red text there. I’ll send it to the support email.