Word-o-Mat Broken in 2.5

Hi!
I have issues with word-o-mat too, despise downloading its last version.
If I set some glyphs like a into “require these letters in each word” I have this message that of course is ridiculous :smile: “Conflict: Character “a” was specified as required, but not found in the font.”.
It happens only if I’ve set “Use characters in current font”.
AS I set “Use any characters” W-o-M works well;
as I set “Use only selected glyphs” I have this message:

The Plugin word-o-mat.glyphsPlugin has caused a crash. Please update it by opening the Plugin Manager or re-downloading it from the original source.

Details:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/vanilla/vanillaBase.py”, line 214, in action_
self.callback(sender)

File “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Word-o-Mat/word-o-mat.glyphsPlugin/Contents/Resources/WordOMat.py”, line 584, in makeWords
if self.f[gname].unicode is not None:

TypeError: ‘NSKVONotifying_GSFont’ object has no attribute ‘getitem

App:2.5-1131 Plugin:2.5.5-2.5.5

also, I’ve tried to write “one” to do some tests with figures. Unfortunately, since G2 shows the colourful spin of death.

After relaunch I’ve written “1”, but no matching words found

I have fixed that already.

however I’d un-installed and reinstalled from plugins manager…

…and restarted the app?

obviously :stuck_out_tongue:

Also getting the error with Use only selected glyphs enabled:

The Plugin word-o-mat.glyphsPlugin has caused a crash. Please update it by opening the Plugin Manager or re-downloading it from the original source.

Details:

File “/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/vanilla/vanillaBase.py”, line 218, in action_
self.callback(sender)

File “~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Word-o-Mat/word-o-mat.glyphsPlugin/Contents/Resources/WordOMat.py”, line 584, in makeWords
if self.f[gname].unicode is not None:

TypeError: ‘NSKVONotifying_GSFont’ object has no attribute ‘getitem

App:2.5.1-1133 Plugin:2.5.5-10

I sent a pull request to @GeorgSeifert’s repository for word-o-mat that should fix that issue plus fixed another bug in the code so that it chooses the correct characters:

2 Likes

Thanks. I pulled the request.

How come it still says “The following plugins slow down Glyphs. Please update them, or contact the developer to improve performance.” btw?

It is most likely that you have an old version of the vanilla module.

Ohh, btw where does glyphs app install it’s vanilla?

No more errors when enabling ‘Use selected glyphs only’, but no matter what I select it tells me ‘No words found < sad trombone >’ User error or ?

What other options do you have?

I do recall seeing that if you selected only capital letter glyphs with Use selected glyphs only selected, that you also needed to select ALL CAPS, for example. Try adjusting those options to match the glyphs you selected.

Am I using this correctly?

Without looking at the code, it seems it may prefer glyph selection from the Font view, though when I tried a selection in the Edit view (as you did), a message popped up saying so, and uses all available glyphs instead. Perhaps there’s another bug lurking.

For me, word-o-mat is now working well, except when I tick Output as list sorted by width, when I get these messages in the Macro window:

File "/Users/cdeliason/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Scripts/vanilla/vanillaBase.py", line 218, in action_
    self.callback(sender)
  File "/Users/cdeliason/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Word-o-Mat/word-o-mat.glyphsPlugin/Contents/Resources/WordOMat.py", line 708, in makeWords
    self.outputWords = self.sortWordsByWidth(self.outputWords)
  File "/Users/cdeliason/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Word-o-Mat/word-o-mat.glyphsPlugin/Contents/Resources/WordOMat.py", line 523, in sortWordsByWidth
    unitCount += int(self.findKerning(pair))
  File "/Users/cdeliason/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Repositories/Word-o-Mat/word-o-mat.glyphsPlugin/Contents/Resources/WordOMat.py", line 538, in findKerning
    allGroups = self.f.groups.findGlyph(chars[i])
AttributeError: 'NSKVONotifying_GSFont' object has no attribute 'groups'

Same issue for me also…
Shame, was a great feature!

Yes, Word-o-Mat and Touché need an update.