Hi @GeorgSeifert —
I noticed when working with UFOs in Glyphs 3.1.2 (3151), Glyphs seems to ignore the “Write lastChange” custom parameter.
- Open Glyphs 3, make a new font.
- Open Font Info, add “Write lastChange” custom parameter, and uncheck it.
- Save as UFO.
- Make a new glyph, “A”, add a contour to it.
- Save — glyph is saved with “com.schriftgestaltung.Glyphs.lastChange” lib item in “A.glif”.
- Edit “A”.
- Save — “com.schriftgestaltung.Glyphs.lastChange” time/date updates in in “A.glif”.
It seems like glyphs is not obeying the “write lastChange” parameter with UFOs and writing the “lastChange” lib item to the glyph lib anyway. Like with .glyphs files, this makes version control quite noisy. If possible I would like to be able to disable writing the “lastChange” lib item to UFOs in the same way you can for .glyphs files.
To be fair, the description for the custom parameter says "If disabled, prevents the Last Changed Date from being written into the .glyphs file. " Is this because Glyphs requires it in some way for UFOs where it does not for .glyphs files?
Thanks very much!