3209: Tidy Up Paths for All Masters not working anymore

Hello, I noticed in 3209 (possible also earlier) that the command Tidy up Paths for All Masters doesn’t do anything. It works for individual masters, but not when applied to all masters.

Works for me. Can you send me a file that doesn’t?

I can create a completely new file, draw a shape with (for example) a node on a straight segment and duplicate the master. Using Tidy Up Paths works, but if I try Tidy Up Paths for All Masters, it doesn’t work. Anything else I can do to troubleshoot this?

Ahh. Tidy up for all masters tries to keep the outlines compatible. And I didn’t implement the collinear paths check that checks all masters first, yet. It will still remove zero length paths, if it is her length in all masters. I’ll see what I can do.

You can a “Enforce Compatibility Check” parameter and uncheck it (hopefully (maybe you need to disable all instances)) to get that part of the tiding to work for now.

I fixed it.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks! Luckily I currently only need it on a two-master project, so it’s not too much of a hassle.

Hello again. I noticed that “for All Masters” still doesn’t work (3217), at least for duplicate nodes and smooth/unsmooth nodes.

The feature works only with compatible outlines and only removes nodes when they are not needed in all masters.

I don’t understand.

I am trying to use Tidy Up Paths in All Masters in order to turn nodes that should be smooth into smooth nodes. My masters are all compatible. Why doesn’t this work?

You are right. That part of the “tidy up” command didn’t made it to the “all masters”. I fixed it.

Thanks a lot!