Adding Brace Layers / Intermediate Layers across selected Glyphs / multiple Glyphs

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone knows a script thats speeds up creating brace layers (or special layers in general) across multiple glyphs.

Something along these lines would be awesome. But even just a basic version of this wouls be great and then I could maybe further customise it and upload it here.

Add brace layer for selected glyphs
—————————————————————-
Axes Coordinates for new Layer
[400, 0, 100]

Path/Component
Interpolate
Copy from: [400, 0, 0]

Metrics
Same as Path/Component
Interpolate
Copy from: [400, 0, 0]

overwrite existing

I only found the very basic code needed to do it:

But I think this kind of thing would be very helpful to a lot of people. If there is really nothing around I will eventually try to do it myself and put it up. But there is a lot of things on my todo list. haha.

Thanks,
Manuel

Here’s Copy Missing Special Layers.py script. In a text tab, type and select any glyphs, and it will copy and reinterpolate missing special layers from the first selected glyph to the rest of the selection

Oh thats great news. I totally missed that one. Thought its another one that just adds the missing brace layer to make the interpolation work for variable fonts.

Thanks! This should already speed up things significantly!

As it is related do you might also know a script that lets me go to the next glyph while staying in the same brace layer?

I’m not sure I quite understood, but have you looked at my script “interpolation preview”? Find it in the eweracs scripts available in the plugin manager.

It’s an ancient script that desperately needs updating, I know.

Great Sebastian. That is very neat. I really didn’t expect that behind your label “Interpolation Preview” For others as reference, I’ll include a screenshot here:

Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 13.47.31

Maybe you could split it in two, possibly:

• Create brace layers with preview
  • Create instances with preview

Thanks everyone! :raised_hands: