Arabic discretionary ligature

Hi,
I have a problem with arabic discretionary ligature
some diacritics jump to the next letter when discretionary ligature is activated.
I did not find an error in the feature.
Thank you!

Have you added anchor to all ligature glyphs? Hit Cmd+U to add all needed anchors.

Yes, I have added anchor to all ligature glyphs

Can you send me the .glyphs file?

Hi Georg,
I canโ€™t upload the file with notification โ€œnew users can not upload attachments.โ€ Or do I not understand how to do it?
Here is a link to download the file:

Thank you

Hi Georg,
Iโ€™m still waiting to hear from you about this solution,
have you got the file from my dropbox link?

Thank you

I missed you post earlier. Thanks for the reminder.

It works for me. What did you type? Can you send me that text?

Thanks for fast response
My problem is
some diacritics jump to the next letter when discretionary ligature is activated in adobe Illustrator
here my test text

Thank you again Georg

Verify if Cmd-U actually added all ligature anchors in your ligatures, like top_1 and top_2 in a ligature of two letters.

Thank you Mekkablue,
yes I have used anchor for each ligature (cmd+U),
in my case the diacritics jumped are not on the ligature letter

Consider verifying the character stream. See if the marks are properly placed in the stream (always after the base letter), and if a ligature is entered with a deprecated Unicode value (e.g., a representation form, U+FB50 and higher).

To do that, copy the text into UnicodeCheckerโ€™s Utilities window , and use the split up view.

1 Like

thank you for your input Mekkablue,
I still donโ€™t understand how UnicodeChecker works
I havenโ€™t found how to activate discreationary ligature

Can you send us the text you were testing?

Hi Georg,
this is the text that I use for testing with full diacritic

ุงูŽู„ู„ู‡ู ู„ูŽุง ุงูู„ูฐู‡ูŽ ุฅูู„ูŽู‘ุง ู‡ููˆูŽ ุงู„ู’ุญูŽูŠูู‘ ุงู„ู’ู‚ูŽูŠู€ู€ูู‘ูˆู…ู ู„ูŽุง ุชูŽุฃู’ุฎูุฐูู‡ู— ุณูู†ูŽุฉูŒ ูˆูŽู„ูŽุง ู†ูŽูˆู’ู…ูŒ ู„ูŽู‡ู— ู…ูŽุง ูููŠ ุงู„ุณูŽู‘ู…ูŽู€ู€ุงูˆูŽุงุชู ูˆูŽู…ูŽู€ู€ุง ูููŠ ุงู„ู’ุฃูŽุฑู’ุถู ู…ูŽู†ู’ ุฐูŽุง ุงู„ูŽู‘ุฐููŠ ูŠูŽุดู’ููŽุนู ุนูู†ู’ุฏูŽู‡ู— ุฅูู„ูŽู‘ุง ุจูุฅูุฐู’ู†ูู‡ู– ูŠูŽุนู’ู„ูŽู…ู ู…ูŽุง ุจูŽูŠู’ู†ูŽ ุฃูŽูŠู’ุฏููŠู‡ูู…ู’ ูˆูŽู…ูŽุง ุฎูŽู„ู’ููŽู‡ูู…ู’ ูˆูŽู„ูŽุง ูŠูุญููŠู€ู€ู€ุทููˆู†ูŽ ุจูุดูŽูŠู’ุกู ู…ูู†ู’ ุนูู„ู’ู…ู€ู€ูู‡ู– ุฅูู„ูŽู‘ุง ุจูู…ูŽุง ุดูŽุงุกูŽ ูˆูŽุณูุนูŽ ูƒูุฑู’ุณููŠูู‘ู‡ู ุงู„ุณูŽู‘ู…ูŽุงูˆูŽุงุชู ูˆูŽุงู„ู’ุฃูŽุฑู’ุถูŽ ูˆูŽู„ูŽุง ูŠูŽุฆููˆุฏูู‡ู— ุญููู’ุธูู‡ูู…ูŽู€ู€ุง ูˆูŽู‡ููˆูŽ ุงู„ู’ุนูŽู„ููŠูู‘ ุงู„ู’ุนูŽุธููŠู…ู

Thank you

Testing your file shows that many of your Dligas must get nested anchors; and should not rely on the inner components anchor definitions, for example:
yeh_noon-ar.fina should have at least 4 anchors for diacritics: top1 for yeh, top2 for noon, bottom-1 for yeh and bottom-2 for Noon respectively > otherwise diacritics on ligatures will be over-stack positioned on the left side glyph.

@GeorgSeifert
Can you please re-verify the automatic Anchor insertion with Version 2.6.3 (1269);
take a look for example at the lam_yehHamzaabove_meem-ar with his file;
Command U inserts only Anchors for one letterform !!

Thank you for your input @Avantino
in version 2.6.2 also in lam_alef-ar ligature, Cmd + U only appears 2 anchors that should be 4

I fixed that.

Cheers
Thank you @GeorgSeifert

Thank you @GeorgSeifert
my apologise, Where can I see fixed results?
where is my error in my font?
is there a newer version for software update?