Arabic / double quotations

hello,

the arabic font I am designing has double quotations…
I didnt find any preset glyph for that for I used the ones of the latin glyphs: quotation double left and
quotation double right but this didnt show up…
any solution for that?
Im using glyphs 1.4.5

thank you…

]francois-

Where?

while previewing the font on glyphs… while on arabic mode of course

]francois-

How should they show up?

when you write they should show like any other letter or punctuation…
when I press on the keyboard nothing appears…just blank…

]francois-

What are the names of the quote glyphs? Can you see them in the font view?

quotedblright
quotedbllef
I am getting them from the latin font tab and not the arabic font tab
in the arabic tap they dont exist

]francois-

Can you send me the file?

it is actually showing on illustrator but in a weird way: I have to type the quotations first and then put the word in between
another weird thing is going on with the numbers: they are not having the same spaces / kernings as assigned in Glyphs
how can I send you the file privately?

]francois-

You can try the DM of this forum. It send it to support (at) (this website without www).

ok then, sent it as a direct message to the support…
thank you…

]francois-

I see, typing them in the Edit tab does not work when RTL is active. Workaround until this is fixed: Cmd-F and choose from the dialog.

ok thank you for the tip
but the same is happening in illustrator but the only difference is that they show on illustrator but I have to type them first then type the word like I mentioned before :smile:
hope that works with the fix

]francois-

Are you sure there is a difference between LTR and RTL mode? For me, both work the same. And are you typing the correct character (on a US keyboard, to get to the quotedblleft, you need to type opt+shift+[)

with LTR selected and writing in english mode it works fine in the edit window
on illustrator it isnt working in all cases… they show but need to do the trick I mentioned before
same thing is happening with:
parenright
parenleft
braceright
braceleft
bracketleft
bracketright

they work fine in the edit window but not on illustrator where things get mixed up

]francois-

If it is not working in Illustrator, there is not much that I can do. And I think you should test in Indesign, Illustrators does not properly supports complex scripts.

ok will do that and get back to you the soonest
thank you so much for your help :slight_smile:

]francois-

tried it on indesign… they worked well except for the double quotations…
while writing in arabic a strange form of the quotation showed, as if a different font all together

]francois-