Best way to handle Marshallese LOCL glyphs

The best recommendation seems to be an attached cedilla for Marshallese. This article at ScriptSource is very helpful.
https://scriptsource.org/cms/scripts/page.php?item_id=entry_detail&uid=jqlp8bzm8m

3 Likes

Thank you for the article @George_Thomas it will be of great help! I’m still confused by the seemingly incomplete solution in Glyphs3 for Marshallese (which admittedly I know nothing about). As @NolanPaparelli pointed out, Mcedilla, Ocedilla, mcedilla and ocedilla are not included in the Oceanian Language preset. Since I know how @GeorgSeifert and @mekkablue have a detailed approach to solving these kind of problems and always offer a complete solution, I have to ask — is there something I’m obviously missing here? :slightly_smiling_face:

As mentioned above, these are composed with the mark feature and anchor directly at the application level instead of at the font level. You can include them at the font level if you prefer with names like m_cedillacomb, etc.

Note: Glyphs seems to generate commaaccentcomb.loclMAH as a composite of commaccentcomb instead of cedillacomb, and adds unnecessary languagesystem DFLT MAH and lookup locl_noScript0.

1 Like

@GeorgSeifert @mekkablue the problem is not that comma below should look like a cedilla in Marshallese but rather that the cedilla should look like the cedilla. Substituting the comma below in Marshallese with lookup locl_noScript0 doesn’t make sense. Marshallese uses characters with cedilla.

@GeorgSeifert @mekkablue
Hello, in version 3228 the auto code for Marshallese is generated wrongly, perhaps in connection with a new feature, Add support for four letter lang tags. My screenhots:

I fixed that yesterday.

1 Like