Bug with overlapping components Variable Font

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my variable font. It’s build out of two different components, that are dots. The letters are either stretched or compressed depending on the axis value. When the letters get compressed, the dots overlap. There appears the bug, stripes are visible, that shouldn’t be there as you can see on the screenshot. It only appears in some font sizes, in others it doesn’t. Does someone know that problem?

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 14.33.26
Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 14.46.07

Can you show the outlines of the dot glyph?

Sure! These are the two different components I use for the letters

Can you run a “correct path direction on all masters”.

And is there a reason that the path is slightly rotated in the second master?

The second master is a version of the first master. It is rotated so that the dots aren’t stretched horizontally as in the first master but diagonally.

When I run a “correct path direction on all masters” I get an error. It looks like this.
I added one anchor point on the bottom and one on the top of the circle to be able to stretch it. Maybe that’s why it doesn’t work? On the last image you can see the stretched component, the one of the circles that gets stretched has two additional anchor points.

I don’t understand. Can you send me the file that I can have a look?

The font seems to work fine in FontGoggles. Where do you see those artefacts?

In Dinamo Font Gauntlet. Also in Adobe Indesign but when I export it as a pdf it’s fine again.