CASE feature with GPOS doesn’t work

Hi, I tried updating my font today based on this new tutorial (Positioning with number values | Glyphs) and I ran into a problem:

Compiling my case feature containing pos @brackets <0 100 0 0>; doesn’t return any error, but the feature doesn’t appear in the list of features in the edit window nor in the exported font. Generating the feature automatically using the separate .case glyphs works fine.

I tried with a fresh new file and got the same issue. Hope I’m not missing something here.

I’m on Glyphs 3.1 (3133) / MacOS 12.0.1. Thank you.

Only GSUB features appear there. For previewing GPOS other than kerning, you would need to test in Window > Text Preview (but it does not yet support OT feature selections) or an external app like a browser.

I just tested with the Webfont Test HTML script in Safari, and it works as expected for me. Glyphs 3.1 (3133) on macOS 12.4.

How do you test?

Ah, yeah, sorry, it doesn’t work in the latest Illustrator, but does work in InDesign as well as TextEdit.

It should not show up as OT feature but get active once you choose all caps.

I hope I’m not doing it wrong, but it doesn’t seem to be working in Illustrator for me. I tried typing all caps, switching Character > All Caps as well as Type > Change Case > UPPERCASE, an nothing. I tested in InDesign, Photoshop, TextEdit, and in the browser and it works everywhere.

Then you may have discovered an Illustrator bug.

Ha, I see the bug has already been reported by @Rui_Abreu: Bug on the All Caps (case) open type feature – Adobe Illustrator

Please upvote if you read this. It’s so much more practical to use gpos instead of gsub for case, but it’s useless if it’s not supported everywhere. :frowning:

1 Like