Complex Family Naming

do you have fonts that do work and some that don’t where the only difference is the Glyphs version that exported them? Can you send them to me?

the files in the “WithProblem” folder have a “STAT” table. I didn’t had a closer look at it but you might remove it for now.

I’ve been having a similar issue: when exporting the OTF files, the style linking would work perfectly in InDesign, but not on Pages or TextEdit, where it would apply SemiBold instead of Bold and Bold Italic instead of Italic.

Renaming the styles by removing the previously added suffix seemed to work somewhat: where the instances where named Book [Style], they are now simply [Style] i.e. Book Bold into Bold. This completely solved the issue in Pages, and no longer links the wrong style when pressing the B or I in TextEdit, however Regular no longer shows in TextEdit’s style menu, despite being the default style (It’s simply blank).

You had a style ‘Book Bold’? That is not a good idea. Can you post a list of all your styles?

Currently: Thin, Light, Regular, SemiBold, Bold, Black and the same for Italic, as such: Thin Italic, Light Italic, Regular Italic, SemiBold Italic, Bold Italic, Black Italic.

Style linking is set how?
And how do you make sure you don’t have cache problems?

Bold is Bold of Regular
Bold Italic is Bold and Italic of Regular
Every other Italic is Italic of its respective roman. No further linking.

Renaming family and trying it on different machines.

Can you please send me the .glyphs file to support (at) (this website without www). I will have a look.

And consider @hagenburger‘s script for avoiding font cache issues. Read this please:
http://www.glyphsapp.com/tutorials/eliminating-font-cache-problems

I managed to fix the issue, in the meanwhile – I rebuilt the name table. My guess is there was a trailing space somewhere.