Conditional anchors

All works perfectly now after our online meeting.

Thank you !

The conditional anchors work awesomely, but they stop working with accented Arabic text.

How can we fix that?

Can you give one example?

Before the slash, conditional anchors are working correctly.
After the slash, reset to the default anchors and overlaps happen when the text is accented.

There are extra marks that break the context. Can you send me that text and the .glyphs file?

Sent

Hi, should this work with marks and diacritics too? I’m testing it but doesn’t work.

Not with precomposed letters of course. But for mark attachment, yes.

Sorry, I meant marks used as part of context.

I am also struggling with breaks in multi-mark situations. How should I solve it?

Not sure what you mean with breaks. Can you give an example?

The current situation with the anchor contexts is a bit limited. It needs a way to specify mark-filtering. I have no 100% solution for this, yet.

Can you manually write the context mark feature that does what you need and send it to me?

This is what I want if it works.

pos base behDotless-ar.init <anchor 61 -235> mark @marks_I_want_to_ignore @mark_bottom' [yehbarree-ar.fina];

In other words, I only want to use the marks that are officially encoded for the mark filtering set, a set of @mark_bottom and @mark_top (I want to ignore my custom ones).

The problem ist hat you can’t seem to be able to have something between the <anchor> and the mark. In your case it should be possible to add a “useMarkFilteringSet”. I need to find a way to integrate that into the UI.

I have tried adding the line to the features.fea and attempted to build the font using AFDKO. It fails due to glyph name reasons, but even after resolving the mismatch (either by not using production names or search/replacing the file), it still doesn’t build. Is the features.fea in the Temp folder supposed to be ADFKO-buildable?

No, Glyphs 3 no longer uses the AFDKO feature compiler. But you should not need to work with the .fea file in the Temp folder anyway. You can add manual mark/mkmk code in the Features tab.

OK, but how do I insert just one line to the existing automatic code? Won’t a manual mark feature code simply add after the automatic one?

Also, wouldn’t this make the anchor positions not be interpolated?

Yes, editing the generated code is not possible and interpolation is tricky. I meant it more as a quick way to try to test how the feature code should look like so that we can improve the Anchor Context feature to accommodate such needs.

Thanks. At least for my case, I am doing pretty non-standard stuff and I am starting to see how I can just resort to GSUB solutions for the context to happen. I think I’m good for now.