Contextual Kerning does not seem to export well

Hello,
I am trying all these versions of code in the kern feature but no one has effects on exported files

# Automatic Code
pos L' $ContextualKern-L-quote [quoteright quoteleft quotesingle]' $ContextualKern-quote-A [A Aacute Abreve Acaron Acircumflex Adieresis Adotbelow Agrave Amacron Aogonek Aring Atilde AE AEacute ];

pos L' 20 [quoteright quoteleft quotesingle]' 180 [A Aacute Abreve Acaron Acircumflex Adieresis Adotbelow Agrave Amacron Aogonek Aring Atilde AE AEacute];

pos L' -40 quoteright' 80 [A Aacute Agrave];

In the features.fea file in temp folder, I found this:

### feature:21:kern ###
feature kern {
### open feature 'kern' ###
pos L' $ContextualKern-L-quote [quoteright quoteleft quotesingle]' $ContextualKern-quote-A [A Aacute Abreve Acaron Acircumflex Adieresis Adotbelow Agrave Amacron Aogonek Aring Atilde AE AEacute ];
### close feature 'kern' ###
} kern;

I would expect to see numeric values instead of $ vars here, or I am wrong? (Of course I set these vars in “number values” in each master.

Any Ideas?

The tokens are replaced when the code is parsed.

But it is strange that it only has one line.

this was a try with 1 line only.
Anyway, the values are not applied in the otf font

Then try with a very simple context. Yours look quite complex, maybe they work differently than you expect.

the same code works in a previous font I did.
The only difference other than the app version is, I guess, now I use Kern-On for kerning. But it shouldn’t matter, or?

trying variations like
pos L' 100 quoteright; pos L 100 quoteright; pos L' 100 quoteright A;
or this one just copied from the tutorial Contextual kerning | Glyphs
pos L' -40 quoteright' 80 [A Aacute Agrave];

no one has any effect.

I just tried this and it works fine for me. One thing you need to understand is that the contextual kerning is on top of the normal kerning. So if you kerned L+quoteright by -80 and then add a L+quoteright+A context kerning of +80 it should look like you have no kerning at all. You can test by typing a space before the A to break the context, doing so should move the quote. And were are you testing?

Ok solved, thanks!