Copy paste all glyphs to illustrator

Which is best way to copy paste all glyphs from Glyphs to illustrator? Doing copy paste from edit or main view doenst work since it copy name instead of glyphs…

Export without removing overlaps into the Adobe Fonts folder, select your font and set a text with it, convert to outlines.

Why?

Right but I need the entire font (all glyphs) so I can manipulate it in illustrator

You could write an AppleScript for that.

Trying by saving it as PDF and import in illustrator… Seems to work with some extra work :slight_smile: Thanks

What do you like to do in Illustrator?

Just have all glyphs and export as a bitmap 300dpi for doing effect in photoshop, then back to Glyphs.

For what you describe, you do not need Illustrator.

Can I export from Glyphs directly as bitmap?

Photoshop imports vectors.

what type of effects are you planning to play around with?

Hi otherviews, I’m facing the same problem. Could you tell me how did you do it with PDF? What steps did You take?

Did you try the first answer from mekkablue?

I think idea with AppleScript will work best

There is AppleScript Guide like this for Glyph?

Or how to make Action like this?

1. Copy vector in Glyphs from Layer 1
  2. Paste it into Illustrator
  3. Run action
  4. Paste vector back from Illustrator to Glyphs in Layer 2

Glyphs has an AppleScript dict which you can open in the Editor. Do you have experience in AppleScript?

I have no experience at all but I try figure out how to do it and not succeed. :sweat:
Could You help me please and write script for following steps?

1. Copy vector in Glyphs from Layer 1
  2. Paste it into Illustrator
  3. Run action
  4. Paste vector back from Illustrator to Glyphs in Layer 2
  5. Repeat this with each glyph from the given list. For example I have 424 glyphs but I want to make copies only from A to Z

Use Indesign. Use a script to dump all glyphs to a page: https://indesignsecrets.com/make-a-font-contact-sheet-in-indesign.php. Your glyph range can be seen by switching to list view in the font window and checking the highest glyph id. Reformat the pages to have large letters. Then export all pages to images at 300 DPI. Import those to Photoshop.

Or, export the font into the Adobe Fonts folder, typeset A-Z, convert to paths, apply filter, and have an Illustrator actiön scale up each letter and cut it into the clipboard.