Crash when saving

When I do any modification and then save the file, it carsh.

version:3.1.1 (3148)
MacOS:12.6

Do you get an error message after the crash?

Perhaps this is just the case with this one file. If so, can you send us the Glyphs file to or as a private message here on the forum so we can inspect it?

Any reason why you’re not using the latest version?

I am getting a crash when saving as well. I run the latest version.

What version of macOS are you using? Does this also happen when saving a new document?

Monterey 12.7.1

It doesn’t happen to all files. But it does happen to the files from one folder. I am working on a project that was set on hold for about a month. I opened these files for the first time since today. Files are stored local on my laptop.

Could you share one of those file with me privately (for example, via a private message here on the forum)?

Just to be sure: Do you mean the cutting-edge/beta version (3.2, 3249), or the latest regular release (3.1.2, 3151)?

I work with cutting edge version. Any ideas what it could be?
I added the crash notice form Apple as a text document.

I will have to ask for permission to share, because it is a heavy NDA project.

Crash.rtf.zip (9.3 KB)

This never happened before with these files. Did anything change in current updates of G3 ?

From the crash report it looks like this is an issue with saving format 1/2 files (Glyphs 1 and 2 compatible.) Could you make a backup copy of the file, open the file, go to FileFont Info…Other and set the version of the file format to “Version 3”? Can you save now?

Changing the file format version helped !

OK, thanks for confirming. I don’t know exactly what the issue is, but I think I have enough infos to fix this. Thanks for the quick replies!

You are welcome !

And thank you too for your help !

Fixed the crash.