Cross hair on node drag

true enough - I suppose I was thinking Glyph-centric. A monthly round-up I guess.

Try following the repositories or authors mentioned in www.glyphsapp.com/extend, trust me, it is going to be as Glyphs-centric as can be, and I certainly couldn’t do it better.

How about the “vertical” of the crosshair following the italic angle when set?

1 Like

I will see what I can do.

[Update:] Please redownload the plugin and see if it works for you.

1 Like

No, I’m still seeing perpendicular crosshairs.

It works on my end. I am running the latest beta 779

Which Version of app and plugin are you running?

Glyphs 2 779.
ShowCrosshair.glyphsReporter 1.0.3, , in ~/Library/Application Support/Glyphs/Plugins/ShowCrosshair/
OSX 10.10.4 Yosemite
Turned off and on the plugin via menu, restarted the app and the computer.

Open Glyphs, create new file, set italic angle in Masters tab of Font Info, open a glyph, drag v-tool; crosshair is still vertical. Same on pre-existing italic files.

EDIT: Removed all other plugins from folder; reinstalled recommended python modules through app. Still no dice.

Working here too. What if I don’t like italic adjustment and want to see it all the time (not just whilst dragging)?

@eliason I cannot reproduce it. Exact same setup here. Can you perhaps send me one of the .glyphs files?

@Tosche I could add a modifier key. Shift? Ctrl?

Sent to support

EDIT: Problem solved with deletion of glyphsapp.py and *.pyc files in the Scripts folder and app restart. Thanks Glyphs support!

1 Like

After this two files caused so many problems, I decided to delete them with the next update. I didn’t expect them to be so widespread.

2 Likes

Adding a modifier key to toggle show/hide? I’m not sure what you mean, but let’s say ctrl.

Modifier for straight instead of italic angle is what I meant.

Yeah, but while dragging or what? Will it accidentally show/hide while nudge-moving selection for example?

But I guess I’ll make my own version (shown all the time, vertical all the time).

Could align to crosshair be incorporated and a visible crosshair placed on screen like a guide for vertical and horizontal placements this could be turned on or off were required.

Regards

Or just always show both?