Deactivating the shadow?

Is there any way to deactivate the “shadow”, i.e. the gray trace of the contour while dragging with the mouse? I don’t want it.

I could make that an option but then it would go everywhere, even in RMX and so on.

I’d really want to deactivate the shadow completely, everywhere. If I need a comparison to an older state, I simply use the background.

Also, having a gray background and a gray shadow, and a black outline is not a good visual distinction. It can be quite tiring constantly having to figure out what is what. I managed to get the background colored using a .glyphsReporter plugin, which helps a lot, but I’d like to remove the gray shadow altogether.

To be honest, I also don’t like the blue “glow” around the selection. Simply coloring it (like in FL) would make it easier for my visual system to process that information.

1 Like

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think user-definable colours for everything are the way to go. That way shadows or glows could be set to transparent.

2 Likes

I added an option to disable the shadow paths.

1 Like

Yay! Thanks.

Where can I find this option to disable the shadow paths? It does not seem to be in the preferences or the View menu.

defaults write com.GeorgSeifert.Glyphs2 showShadowPath 0

Thanks, Rainer!