Discretionary ligatures bug?

I’ve created a glyph for “fff”. The code in “font info” is
DLIG > sub f f f by f_f_f;

1. isn’t possible to preview standard ligatures + discretionary ligatures at the same time in the preview text mode?

2. when I’m in the preview text mode with dlig activated, I click 3 times of my “f” and I have as output my “f_f_f” glyph + another single f = 4*f (1 “f” more).

3. I can’t see my f_f_f glyph on Photoshop nor Indesign; of course I’ve not forgotten to select the proper opentype feature in both softwares’ character panels, but nothing… my f_f_f isn’t taken in account

1 Like

to 1)
This is not possible a t the moment. You can select one feature and input the other with the cmd-F command.
to 2)
Will check this. Seems to be a bug.
to 3)
can you send me the hole feature and/or the .glyphs file?

features = (
{
name = liga;
substitution = (
{
source = “f i”;
target = fi;
},
{
source = “f l”;
target = fl;
},
{
source = “f f”;
target = “f_f”;
},
);
},
{
name = dlig;
substitution = (
{
source = “f f f”;
target = “f_f_f”;
},
);
},
);

This an issue with the feature order. If you drag the dlig entry in the font info > features on top of the liga feature and export the font again, it should work.

I will check if the dlig feature should be always before of the liga feature.

Ok thanks!

Hi,

I’m a new user. And the learning curve is steep, but it’s coming along.

I have similar issue.

I created several discretionary ligatures, then allowed Glyphs to automatically generate the features for them. i.e. " sub A A by A_A; "

But when I export the font and try to use the ligatures, they won’t work. In InDesign, for example, I go the glyph palette, double-click on the AA ligature and it simply gives me two As, not the ligature.

Please help. Thank you so much.

-Rolando

Did you put the font in the Adobe Fonts Folder? If you install the font in the system you have to clean your font cache. Or try to change the font name.

If this is not helping, can you send me your .glyphs file and the .otf you have generated?