Export subset to match existing font

I have a Glyphs project that contains extensive glyphs for multiple languages and symbol sets. For production use, I’d like to export a version of the font that only contains the Glyphs that match those in another production font we use.

Is there a way to import the list of glyphs in the other font to use as an export filter in my Glyphs project?

Thanks in advance!

You can open the other font, select all (exporting) glyphs, right-click, “Copy Names > One per line” and add that text into a “Keep Glyphs” custom parameter in the exports of your new font. That will remove all glyphs not included in that list. Keep in mind that features that are not automatically generated need to be amended accordingly.

1 Like

Perfect — thank you so much!

Make sure that the glyph names are the same. For example, you might have names such as checkmark and uni2713, which can both be names for the same glyph.

This works great, thank you so much.

I have a followup question though: it’s a bit of a nuisance to manage the list across two .glyphs files and multiple export weights — is it possible to reference an external file containing the"Keep Glyphs" list so I can just update the list in one place?