File defaulting to Regular

I seam to be unable to save my glyph files as Regular and Italic without
A) the file defaulting to regular
B) the icons remain all Italic (see Example)
C) exporting into a font management app they all are the same Italic or Regular
Is there any help for me

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 6.49.20 PM

What does that mean? What is defaulting where to Regular?

Type in Italic in the appropriate area and the area turns int Regular

In File > Font Info > Exports? Works for me:

I type in Italic and the Icon and file comes out
saying Regular as below. This is the Italic Version and Icon.Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 8.46.54 PM

So far I have managed to get a working Serif And Regular file to work but am not able to get them to link properly. I have been able to link previous fonts together horizontally. But I am getting this issue below. As you can see the Icons are the same but upload to the Library correctly. This puzzles me . I seem to be missing something simple.

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 9.59.15 PM

You need to select the “Is Italic” check box in the lower part of the info screen.

OK, I assume by ‘defaulting to Regular’, you mean that the Finder icon for the Regular font shows the preview for the Italic font.

1. The preview of Finder icons is cached, so the icon preview of a font file is unreliable to begin with. You can fix this by restarting your Mac with the Shift key held down (clears caches, but will slow down the Mac for an hour or so) and restarting a second time without the Shift key. Or by exporting it with a different family name.
  2. Do not install fonts (e.g. in Font Book) until they are finished, otherwise you will run into font cache problems. Read this please:
    Eliminating font cache problems | Glyphs

Hello
Thanks for all the help and directions. I am now getting a firm handle on the Glyph app and do appreciate all the time and guidance given me. It’s very plain I am a creative and do have trouble with fully. understanding the app language. The visuals are a big help.

1 Like