Font does not show in Keynote font menu

Anyone experienced a font that is not showing up in Keynote at all? What could be the reason?

How did you install? Are you avoiding cache troubles? Tried in different users?
Are you sure it is not there? What is the name of the font? If it starts with a lowercase letter, it may be listed further down in the menu.

PS: Happy birthday. :slight_smile:

Name is “MAG” with capital letters. But tried to rename it random, both to avoid cache problems and such. It simply does not show up. Super weird.

Can you send me the .glyphs file?

Done, thanks!

OK, here’s a follow up. It worked on some computers, and some not. Since the font was a subset, not all glyphs were present, I added all glyphs that is normally required and exported a new version. It worked!

Then… I took away the glyphs again, leaving only the ligatures left, and now it works. Super strange.

You could file a bug with Apple :wink:

Have you validated the font with FontBook?

Yes, it validated. Anyway, my guess is that the ligature feature solved the problem, but who knows?

Are there any new insights in this topic? I have a similar problem:

• Font works on my Mac, High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G8030) and Keynote 9.1 (6369),
    BUT
  • it doesn’t work on my clients Mac with Mojave 10.14.2 (18C54) and Keynote 10.1 (6913).

Could it have to do with required glyphs that are not in the font? (Only A-Z, a-z, 0-9 and a few more).
Or can it be a naming issue?

Thanks for any advice!

No real insight, just work arounds.

Tricks to try:

–Adding a ligature feature if not present.
– Adding all required glyphs that normally is available in a Mac Roman character set
– Update glyph info

My 5 cents.

1 Like

That is quite likely actually. You may be able to access it through the fallback font menu (Cmd-T) rather than through the (prefiltered) Keynote font menu.

Thanks Göran and Rainer for your replies! I finally got it to work and I suppose it was the added (required) glyphs that solved the problem.

Strange though…