Font mixup in Muse

I have created a Regular and Bold font in Glyphs and exported them as otf. They have the same family name, followed by -Regular and -Bold. I created eot and woff files with FontPrep. When I use these fonts in Muse the program doesn’t see the difference, i.e. all text is set in Regular or in Bold (depending on the last font I added). How can I label the fonts to solve this confusion?

For webfonts, all that masters is the @fontface declaration. Make sure you set the weight correctly for the bold font.

I defined the Bold-font as ‘Bold’ (in Masters window) and used the style name ‘Bold’ and weight ‘Bold’ (in the Instances window). So it should work, but it doesn’t.
In the @fontface declaration the names are clearly different and both font names appear in the type menu in Muse. But the Bold isn’t Bold but as regular as the Regular.
Perhaps it’s a Muse problem.

I think george meant set the weight correctly in the css

You should be using for example
@font-face {
font-family: myFont;
src: url(myfont_regular.woff);
font-weight:normal;
}
@font-face {
font-family: myFont;
src: url(myfont_bold.woff);
font-weight:bold;
}

Thanks Kemie. I changed the @fontface settings, but unfortunately that still didn’t help.

Hi Sander,

Have you set the Style Name, Weight and checked the Style linking?

Yes, Style Name and Weight were as shown in your screen print. Style linking wasn’t checked. I checked it, but that didn’t solve the problem.
In the working window the Bold is showed in the right way, but in the html preview it becomes a faux Bold and I get the message that the real Bold is missing.
I also tried converting the fonts with Font Squirrel, but the result was the same.

I contacted Adobe Muse Support and we solved the problem by deleting the Muse prefs and reinstalling the fonts.
Happy regards, Sander

@Sander Ha!, Good that that issue was solved.