For lower-case characters with combining top diacritics, the diacritics are substituted with `case` equivalents in the `ccmp` feature

For lower-case characters with combining top diacritics, the diacritics are automagically substituted with case equivalents in the ccmp feature in the lookup ccmp_Other_2.

I don’t want that to happen, so how do I deal with this? Is there a way to automagically turn it off so that only lower-case diacritics are used with the lower-case glyphs?

That can’t be disabled. I would need to add a switch for it.

Please do so. I really can’t use the case versions for lower-case in this case.

I added a “Use case marks for double marks” custom parameter. It will not be in the list, but copy paste the string in the search field and hit “Add”.

2 Likes

I’ve run into the next issue: Eg. when I add the combining tilde after an upper-case glyph that doesn’t have a precomposed character, the combining tilde is used, but I want my upper-case variant to be used in those cases. How do I solve this?

Can you give an example combination?

Yup. In the image you see LATIN CAPITAL LETTER SMALL CAPITAL I and LATIN CAPITAL LETTER OMEGA. With the previous Use case marks for double marks both majuscule forms of these two characters are using the minuscule diacritic. You can compare with Ĩ and Ũ which are both pre-composed and therefore are using the correct case-form alternative glyph.