Glyph contours & Winding Directions

Hi Guys

I write you because today i have tried upload two typefaces, one with an oxide texture and other with outline in ProsperMonotype and it throws me the following issue:

Glyph contour does not intersect itself
To ensure proper functionality for customers, the paths that make up your glyphs should not intersect themselves. For more information about how to fix this issue, please see our help article here.

Glyph contours have correct winding directions
To ensure proper functionality for customers, the paths in your glyphs must have correct winding directions. Wrong path directions can mess up counters. Paths need to be oriented counter-clockwise, counters need to be oriented clockwise. For more information about how to fix this issue, please see our help article here.

I have done both tutorials to correct the trace direction and it keeps showing me that issue.

Any suggestion to this moment of sadness?

The most likely candidates for self-intersection are the very small white paths in the lower line. If a path intersects itself, it may also count as wrong orientation.

• Try adding parameters that remove overlap and correct path directions.
  • Consider removing all curve handles in the instance that has the ‘debris’ paths. There are plugins for that.

Really? I don’t know any, could you tell me which one could help me :slight_smile:

2 Likes