Glyphs 3.0.1 (3039) crash on opening files

I can’t keep working on my any files, when I open the file again, Glyphs crashes.

I was having the same problem a few weeks ago and what I did at the end was to delete and re-install it. But now it keeps happening again.

Last time I updated to the last version and it went even crazier.
I have Big Sur 11.5.2

I tried to open it holding shift and option as it doesn’t work, it keeps crashing.

Can you try the latest cutting edge version? Activate it in Preferences > Update > Check cutting edge version.

And if you don’t want to use the cutting-edge release, I recommend updating to version 3.0.4, the latest stable release.

I tried, and it keeps crashing.

I updated to version 3.0.4. and it keeps crashing.

Could you send us the Glyphs file?

Yes, of course. But actually it crashes with every glyph file I have worked on.

The date that is stored in the file is of an incorrect format. This causes Glyphs to crash.

Did you use any tool other than Glyphs to create or edit the .glyphs file? That might have corrupted the .glyphs file. Or maybe this is an edge case where an old version of Glyphs wrote an incorrect format.

Anyway, I will look into it. In the meantime, you can fix such corrupt .glyphs files by opening them in an plain text editor (like Text Edit, not like Word or Pages) and fixing the date like so:

before:

date = "2022-02-27 11:10:24 p. m. +0000";

after:

date = "2022-02-27 23:10:24 +0000";

Or send the files as a private message and I’ll send you the fixed version back.

Thank you so much! It worked. I tried with another file and changed the date, and it worked!
I wonder if it’s possible to make Glyph to save it in a 24 hour clock format by default, because apparently the 12 hour clock format it was the cause.

If you use the latest version, Glyphs should always use 24 time.