Glyphs 3 compatibility with macOS 14.0 Sonoma

It looks like the first image from my post of 4 October: but initially with the eyes diagonal, which move to align right the moment I touch a key (to make the screen image) or move the mouse. Of course as mentioned before, as long as I use the first “-” entry or “Show All Instances” only, the shift does not appear. It start from the moment an instance is selected.

Update from my side: combination of update to macOS 14.1 and the latest betas fixed all issues for me. No more jumping (I attribute that to the macOS update) and no more menu drawing issues (build 3224).

Update: Did experience a small number of menu redrawing issues. But not reproducible after a restart of the app.

So is it, as of today, totally safe to update to the most current Sonoma 14.1.1?

macOS 14.1.1 works well for me.

2 Likes

Thanks, Florian!

I’m getting this odd issue:

As soon as I hit a modifier key, though, the icons align correctly. Only modifier keys, however.

👀
👀
 👀
  👀
    👀
      👀
        👀

:laughing:

That is a known issue with macOS Sonoma. We thought we fixed it but it seems we need to have another look. I’m not in Sonoma, yet as I need an older Xcode version to compile Glyphs 3 ;(

I need a new MacBook. These are supplied with MacOS Sonoma 14.3. Is Glyphs 3.1.2 (3151) compatible? Or would it be better to downgrade the operating system?

Glyphs is compatible with macOS 14 Sonoma.

The eyes in the menu may still not always line up, but that is purely a cosmetic issue that we will hopefully have fixed soon.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

Hi there.
Since I’ve upgraded my Mac to Sonoma, the exported font do not update automatically in opened documents :
I have a Photoshop or InDesign opened file using the font I’m working on.
If I modify the font in Glyphs and export it in the Adobe Fonts folder, there is no change when I come back to the Adobe app.

I have to close the document, then when I open it again, a pop-up tells me that the font has been updated and the modification appears.

Do some of you have the same problem ?
Could comes from the newest versions of the Adobe apps ? (I’ve updated them at the same time)

Do you restart Adobe Apps. after updating fonts?

Yes I have this issue for severel days…
No one else is experiencing this problem ?

Also, reboot your computer after each change to a typeface to clear the cache.

The Adobe folder shouldn’t need a reboot.
What folder do you use exactly?

Hi Georg and thanks for your question.
I use this folder, as usual :
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts

I’ve just made another test, and I discovered that the non-updating font issue only occurs in Photoshop (v25.1.0)
After exporting a font via Glyphs, the change does’nt appear in Photoshop.

There are 2 ways then to update the font in th psd file :
• Clicking to edit each text field
• Closing the file and re-opening it

I think it always was like this in Photoshop. I mostly test in Indesign because of this.