Glyphs 3 finds "Remove overlap" errors that Glyphs 2 didn't complain about

Actually, having said this, To check another error on my iogonek, I manually decomposed the components, then removed overlap, but received this error: Something went wrong when Removing Overlap in glyph: iogonek
I can’t see an issue with the paths.

I’m on the cutting edge version

can you send me that glyph?

It seems that I have fixed the iogonek already.

Sent it.

Fixed it. Thanks

1 Like

Thank you for all the fixes. My previous test files all work with build 3037, but this one still fails to export: Fails-3037.glyphs (3.5 KB)

Thanks Georg, however, even with v. 3.0.1 (3037) that test file wont export for me.
I then tried exporting after manually decomposing the iogoneks. I ensured all masters were compatible and that overlapping paths were all ‘greyed out’. but it still threw up and error on my Semibold instance (between masters).

I’m not sure it’s related, but my cdotaccent is not showing up in certain middle instances either.
I turned off export on my iogonek and confirmed that the rest of the font exported ok.
I checked every glyph in all instances and noticed the ċ missing in two random weights.
I exported again using Glyphs 2, and it reappears in all instances.
I’ve check the paths and anchors and all appears ok.
It doesn’t disappear when exported as a variable font. The iogonek also exports as a variable font without error.
Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 18.51.24

(I currently have 4 masters for legacy reasons)

Can you send me that font?

Sure, done. Thanks

I have the same problem regarding the exports in G3. Iogonek causes the issue and once I try to export it without “Removing overlap”, I get another error. I am using the latest build version.

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 11.30.25

All my issues above are fixed on v3.1. Thanks very much!

My test file Fails-3037.glyphs (3.5 KB) still fails in 3.0.1 (3039):

1 Like

Having this issue also with multiple glyphs.

Can you send me the .glyphs file?

Hi George, the glyphs file is too large to send here

Happens for me also—in most of the uppercase letters. Attaching a stripped down file below—as an example, contains only uppercase G that causes the error on export.
TEST.glyphs (5.9 KB)

I have another remove overlap problem that is not working in 3040 – it used to work in 3.0.0 …

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-02 um 17.16.37

ovelaps.glyphs.zip (3.1 KB)

In your case I can circumvent the error by shortening the last line segment of the _corner glyphs to the minimum:

Let it stick out just a unit or so.

The “estimate” works now.

1 Like