Glyphs 3 - Paste vectors

Path attributes can confuse the transmission of the shapes. In AI, remove all attributes, expansions, etc., or expand the outline, and just copy the barebones path.

Is this data from a failing “paste”?

Ah, no it’s the one with attributes. I’ll try and find a failing one

When you have outlines on the paths in Illustrator, Glyphs tries to preserve them. It you don’t like that, remove them in Illustrator as Rainer mentioned.

I tried to run the script but it still appears the color wheel and I have to quit Glyphs.
The version of Illustrator is 25.2.3

Can you run the same script outside of Glyphs? I would use Textmate but you can use anything that can run python.

In the end I forget the computer while I was having diner and when returned to the computer Glyphs ended the last run I made of the script.
info paste illustrator.txt.zip (12.0 KB)

Thanks for the data. I could fix this. It seems that Illustrator puts empty PDF data in the clipboard.

1 Like

I am also having the same problem. Copy from Illustrator works in Glyphs 2, but doesn’t in Glyphs 3, seemingly regardless of Illustrator clipboard settings described above.

I wanted to attach the txt file with the Python script output you described above, but it tells me “sorry, new users cannot upload documents.” But I hope you can download it here (click on the download icon in the upper right corner to get the file)

Can you try the latest cutting edge version? (You can activate it in Preferences > Updates)