Glyphs crashes at exporting color font

Hello,
I have a color font with 4 layers and lots of nodes, so I’m exporting it as TTF with Disable Subroutines on.

There was no problem at exporting 3 layers fonts, but somehow with this particular font with an extra (very simple) layer exporting takes lots of time and eventually make Glyphs crash.

Is there any way to solve it or exporting color TTF fonts outside Glyphs?

Thanks in advance

Can you send me that file? It is probably quicke to fix Glyphs.

I sent you by message
Thanks!

The Fallback layer has all the components from all the other layers. That means there are a lot duplicates. In Font View, select all and run “Glyph > Create Composite”. And check the “_bola_grande” in Fallback, and remove all but one of the tree circles. Doing so makes the font export port for me.

It works. Knowing it’s a duplicates problem I hope I can handle it in the rest of fonts (with different layers).

Thanks

I just came across this again. And had a look and improved the export process quite a bit. By far the biggest part of the file is the SVG table. And I could make it 15% smaller.

And I made it quite a bit quicker from 35 s down to 8 s.

For this font, one important setting you can do to improve performance. Run this in the Macro Panel:

Font.previewRemoveOverlap = True
1 Like

This typeface has been crazy, with problems with Windows naming and file size.
Actually latest Glyphs version seemed to be slower with some files and today I downloaded an oldest Glyphs app and exported the final files with Glyphs 3.2 (3235).

Should I try with the latest version again?

(Thank your very much for your work to improve Glpyhs)

Can you send me the file again. I’ll to test with it more (in the current state).

Sent by message.
Thanks!