Glyphs crashes with "Autohint" + not decomposed components

I’ve had an issue with Glyphs crashing whenever I exported a specific font file with “Autohint” checked.

After a bit of trial and error, I found that if I decomposed all my components, the file would export.
I never before had an issue with exporting components that were not decomposed, though.

Also, it was possible for me to export the file without decomposing the components first, but only if I unchecked Autohint.

Wondering what might cause this? Could a large amount of components, having to be automatically decomposed during the export, cause enough stress on the app for it to crash? And where does Autohint come into the equation? My alignment zones and vertical metrics are all set up correctly.

Has to be said that I’ve only experienced this issue with this one file.

After a bit more troubleshooting I found out that it also exports my file no problem if i check “Export as TTF”, but it’s still struggling with OTF unless I decompose first or turn off Autohint

That is hard to say. Are your outlines regular enough (i.e., not complex), with correct path orientation, and font-wide hints (zones and stems) set?

What version of Glyphs do you have?

Sporting Glyphs version 2.5.1 :slight_smile:

Yeah, it’s a very straight forward design with consistent stem widths, correct path orientation and font wide zones and stems set. Exporting .otf’s from this font with components + Autohinting has been working perfectly up until a week ago. So something has happened lately that makes the font not want to export properly, but I’ve failed to identify what.

Did you send the crash report that shows up when you reopen the app?

And can you try the latest cutting edge version?